Best radio for someone who is almost blind

Hello,

I am using the uv 82 and a uv 5r, but I am looking for something that is possibly DMR and something I can get weather alerts. As someone who is studying together license I don’t wanna spend a lot of money so don’t need top-of-the-line. I also use a Mac so something that I can use on the platform to program would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for all your help

That is an interesting side of the story. Would you be looking for a radio capable of announcing what channel you are on and what bank/zone you are in? Or are you just interested in settings being announced?

Most of the chinese radios announce settings (I’m not sure about channels). I know a few of the commercial DMR radios (which won’t be Mac friendly nor will they be friendly to Chirp) are capable of channel announcement (some you have to record the wav files to do so).

The largest display available is probably a nice idea. So is the radios ability to announce where it’s being used (freq/band/etc). Which would be the -best-? I have no idea what you might think of as “best”… sorry.

Thanks for the reply, I think just something easy to use and some more user friendly with somewhat of a decent display if possible inverted as I know some radios do have it would be an ideal radio for me.