Baofeng uv-5r connect to kenwood tx-3300.

At work we are running kenwood tx-3300 and 3001. I brought a baofeng uv-5r thinking i could use it instead of having to share radio at work with coworker.
I know the freq. is 462.56250. I can get the uv-5r to receive, but can not get it to transmit to the work radios. Does anybody know what I’m doing wrong or what to setup.
Or if it wont work i will return the uv-5r.
thanks
allen

It sounds like the Kenwoods have privacy codes enabled.

If your UV-5R is FCC-certified to Part 90 (and has this on the label) then I would suggest you try the following:

• Try removing the privacy code from one of the Kenwoods to see if it will then receive the UV-5R.
  • If so, then you can either remove all the privacy codes from all your Kenwoods, or get your radio dealer/radio shop/ radio programmer to find out the privacy code and see if you can get the UV-5R to match.
  • If this doesn’t work, then there may be a disparity in the bandwidth of the radios. You MIGHT be able to fix this in the programming of the UV-5R. (I will need more of an expert on Part 90 radios to weigh in here.)

Just for fun, the most common PL tone (sometimes called a privacy tone, although there is NOTHING about it that makes it “private”) is channel 1 (usually tone 67.0) Try programming a 67Hz PL tone into the UV-5R and see if it works.

while the channel is active with the kenwoods, have the uv5r scan for pl tone by going to menu item 11 press menu again press scan, ct will flash on the left side of the display, it will scan for the tone and beep when it finds it but only while the channel is active, press menu again to confirm and enter it for your rx code.

next youll need to put the same tone into menu item 13, this is your tx code thats needed to open the squelch on the othe radios.

hope that helps, good luck!

while the channel is active with the kenwoods, have the uv5r scan for pl tone by going to menu item 11, press scan, it will scan for the tone and beep when it finds it, press menu again to confirm and enter it for your rx code.

next youll need to put the same tone into menu item 13, this is your tx code thats needed to open the squelch on the othe radios.

hope that helps, good luck!