Any interest in a digital radio forum?

I’ve been thinking about adding a section in the forum specifically for digital radios, including DMR, dPMR, NXDEN, etc. We do have a few discussions, but I’m not sure if there is enough interest in this community yet to create its own area. As a forum member, what do you think? Yay, nay or meh? Let me know, and if there is enough interest, I will add one.

Rick

To be frank, I really don’t know DMR, dPMR, NXDEN, etc. But in our forum if have the section of car radio. For it is for cars, so if no in the forum,maybe we could ask members if we need one. What I wrote for reference only.

I am going to reopen the poll for awhile to give everyone a chance to vote. The option of a digital radio forum may be inevitable anyway, considering the growing popularity of DMR in particular.

I 100% agree, a digital radio forum is needed and inevitable anyway.

Subforums could include: P25 (Phase 1 & 2), DMR, NXDN (iDAS/NEXEDGE), dPMR, Amateur (D-STAR, Yasesu Fusion), and Motorola DTR & DLR professional radios.

I have a fleet of Motorola DTR and DLR series 900MHz FHSS digital radios. They work EXCELLENT and have completely replaced my use of GMRS/FRS and MURS for my non-Ham local on-site simplex type use. I’m not trying to set any range records with them but specifically want them for reliable local simplex type use. A co-worker recently asked me “Why not just use FRS?” My answer was that I’ve been doing that for the past 22 years and want an all-digital solution that’s higher quality and more professional than FRS.

Motorola DTR series:
https://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us/products/two-way-radios/on-site-business-radios/dtr-series.html

New Motorola Digital Lightweight Radio (DLR) series, compatible with DTR:
https://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us/products/two-way-radios/on-site-business-radios/dlr-series-digital-radio.html

The Digital Radio Forum is now online!
This is a public forum. You can find it under Two Way Radios or access it from this direct link.