Two Way Radio Forum  

Go Back   Two Way Radio Forum > Two Way Radios > Business Radios

Click here to visit our ecommerce site -

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Jeff Jeff is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 258
Exclamation FCC Regulations and Licensing

Most radios used for business purposes operate on frequencies that are controlled by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). FCC rules require that anyone using a radio for business purposes must obtain a radio license (with some exceptions) before operation in all areas under government control. Violation of this rule is punishable by fine and/or imprisonment. Commercial radios use frequencies that may cause illegal interference. Therefore, unless stated in the user manual all unauthorized modifications are illegal. A radio license using form 601 from the FCC is required by law. Contact the FCC directly at for information on licensing, or call them direct at 1-800-418-0177, or use a coordinator service such as Cricket Ventures, LLC in no part assumes responsibility for the proper licensing or operation of any radio discussed on this forum. The user accepts full responsibility for legal operation of radios. Operators outside of the United States are to contact their Regulatory Agency in regards to proper licensing and usage.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2018, Cricket Ventures LLC