Two Way Radio Forum  

Go Back   Two Way Radio Forum > Two Way Radios > Amateur Radio

Click here to visit our ecommerce site -

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2019, 06:53 PM
W5LZ W5LZ is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Default Re: Hello all I have a question

Very simply, read FCC Part-time 95 for Murs/Gmrs. Part-97 for amateur radio stuff. Read what you signed on your license application... You should have already read Part-97 (ham radio), not sure about Gmrs.
You can use DANG near anything on ham bands as long as it meets minimum specifications, or build your own. Can't do that in other services.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:04 PM
jwilkers jwilkers is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Columbus, OH USA
Posts: 734
Thumbs up Re: Hello all I have a question

Originally Posted by K6CPO View Post
In response to your comment about "radio policing," the OP stated he was buying a radio that is marketed for the amateur bands and might be using it for other than its intended purpose. Amateur radio has always been "self-policing," so it's incumbent on us to educate people about potential improper or illegal operation. And "If You Dont Advertise It No One Will Know" serves no purpose but to breed anarchy on the bands.
Very well stated
Licensed ham: KD8DVR
Licensed GMRS:WQWK521
Disclaimer: All posts are personal opinion only and may not state fact or accusation.
Reply With Quote


fcc license, gmrs, tyt th-8600

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2018, Cricket Ventures LLC