Wouxun Q10G - no CB reception?

I didn’t mention a dealer warranty, either. We both merely said “warranty”, and my response was based on the assumption that we were referring to a manufacturer warranty, since that’s the only warranty the radio has.

I did read your post several times before I responded. When I mentioned the dealer, it was in reference to support and returns, since in your earlier post you stated that the dealer should accept returns on your stated premise of “false advertising” in the manual. All I was saying was that it isn’t fair for either the manufacturer or the dealer to cover intentional breakage, and I mentioned the dealer because many consumer customers who have issues with products usually go to the dealer who sold it to them first instead of the manufacturer, and even though the dealer didn’t make the radio, the manufacturer did, often times it’s the dealer that winds up taking the heat, not the manufacturer.

I respectfully point out that you never suggested it should go back to Wouxun.

We do our best as a dealer to handle these issues for customer satisfaction, but there’s only so much we can do, because ultimately it’s the manufacturer that makes the radios, not us. The fact is that many of those customers who have broken their radios this way do expect the dealer to honor the manufacturer warranty, which is what I was trying to explain.

I don’t think I was out of line to simply state this fact, and I apologize if it was taken the wrong way. All I was trying to do was simply walk out on the warranty limb as you asked.

Changing the subject a bit, here in the uk there is officially no such thing as a manufacturer warranty, despite it actually existing. Here, customers have their warranty only with the seller. Some manufacturers carry it out on behalf of the dealer, but a customer is under no obligation to deal with the manufacturer at all. The seller has the link with the manufacturer. If the manufacturer is overseas, then they will provide parts happily, but if a product needs to go back, shipping is a major issue. They might discount a future order, or even sometimes just send a replacement, but its not something you can inflict on a customer.

In the US this might be different, i dont know but our system puts the responsibility for everything on the seller. If a buyer damages a product, the seller could refuse warranty repair, but each case is done on its own merits. Returning a marine band antenna that has failed has never happened yet. The same antenna i buy tuned to ham bands, done by the factory. Ive had three back and in each case the small capacitor that couples two elements inside was black. The label and spec says max power 50W. Marine radios are 25W. I know the ham users have simply used too much power. Its a ten minute fix, but it annoys me it still costs me £9 postage and i will not refund their postage to me once i see the black burnt capacitor. I point out the power limitation, and warn them. I’ve never had them return the replacement (yet). The latest ones have a slightly bigger capacitor, I note. They have left the 50W label on!