Two Way Radio Forum  

Go Back   Two Way Radio Forum > Two Way Radios > CB Radios

Click here to visit our ecommerce site - BuyTwoWayRadios.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 10:26 PM

Default Galaxy 33HML with no voice...

Hello all! New member here with a frustrating situation...

Just installed a used Galaxy 33HML I got on eBay and had it tuned/examined at a local shop. My Firestiks got tuned to the truck too. I've checked my RF/Squelch/PA settings and all are good. I had my coax bundled up underneath my hood and figured that would cause this so I pulled it through the firewall and spread it out underneath my dash.

I cannot hear voices (just static) when I adjust my squelch. Every now and then I can hear someone come through. Other than that, I just see the meter needle in the middle and sometimes pegged out. No voice.

HELP!
Old 04-17-2018, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Galaxy 33HML with no voice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasrho83 View Post
Hello all! New member here with a frustrating situation...

Just installed a used Galaxy 33HML I got on eBay and had it tuned/examined at a local shop. My Firestiks got tuned to the truck too. I've checked my RF/Squelch/PA settings and all are good. I had my coax bundled up underneath my hood and figured that would cause this so I pulled it through the firewall and spread it out underneath my dash.

I cannot hear voices (just static) when I adjust my squelch. Every now and then I can hear someone come through. Other than that, I just see the meter needle in the middle and sometimes pegged out. No voice.

HELP!
This is not a CB radio. This is a 10 meter radio that requires an amateur radio license to operate. Since you are using it as a CB, this violates forum rules regarding illegal content. Thread closed.
Closed Thread