Two Way Radio Forum  

Go Back   Two Way Radio Forum > Two Way Radios > General Discussion

Click here to visit our ecommerce site - BuyTwoWayRadios.com

Old 02-05-2018, 02:19 PM

Default Do Not Buy from Buy Two Way Radios!

I purchased a TYT MD-9600 in October 2017 from Buy Two Way Radios and have had nothing but issues with the radio, to include constant popping noise, constant powered on (illuminated microphone) and memory loss. Buy Two Way Radios has refused to fully honor the warranty of the radio. Taylor from Buy Two Way Radios refuses to fix the microphone issue, which constantly drains my battery and required me to pay for shipping both ways to have the radio "fixed" under warranty, stating that is their business practice. So I am left with a faulty radio and Buy Two Way Radios refuses to stand behind their products. I would suggest purchasing your radios from a reputable re-seller such as R and L Electronics. I will NEVER purchase another product from this re-seller and suggest you take that into consideration when shopping.

Chat ID with Buy Two Way Radios: LTK121450174281792X

I have spoken with other users who have purchased this radio from Buy Two Way Radios on our MD-9600 facebook group who have had the same issues and have been unable to get the resolved with this untrustworthy company.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!
Old 02-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Do Not Buy from Buy Two Way Radios!

Our policy is generally the same as most retailers: any problems within the first 30 days, we've got you covered. After 30 days, you would need to go to the manufacturer for warranty issues. With TYT (and other China based manufacturers) we have adopted a much more flexible policy, as we understand that going direct to the manufacturer for warranty issues can be time consuming and expensive. With most of these manufacturers we will service warranty issues in-house at no charge to the customer, we only require you to cover the cost of return shipping.

I'm sorry that you are not happy with our policy, but I do want to be sure that your issue is resolved. If you would prefer, you can go directly to TYT with your issue (www.tyt888.com).
Old 02-06-2018, 12:08 AM

I am not understanding your problem. You bought a two way radio manufactured in China for a low price. There will always be issues and failures with a certain percentage of units.That's what a warranty is for.

Retailers are under no obligation to provide warranty service. In this case, it appears buytwowayradios is offering to handle the warranty issues for you when they don't have to, as a favour to a customer. Otherwise, you will need to ship it (at your own expense) back to China for warranty work. That actually sounds pretty awesome on their part.

It sounds like you have a bad unit, which is unfortunate. But no retailer is going to do this as a favour AND cover the cost of shipping. They know that the vast number of warranty claims for two-way radios are installation issues, customers not reading the manual, customers not knowing how to program them correctly or customers who simply do not understand they are buying a Ham radio and not just a two-way radio that works with walkie talkies. Obviously not the case with your unit, but one always takes a chance trying to save money on Chinese-made products.

My experience with buytwowayradios has been exactly the opposite of yours. I have a large collection of Wouxun, Motorola and TYT radios, most of which I have purchased from them. I have been lucky that they all worked great out of the box, and buytwowayradios are the people I will continue to deal with. I also know the most expensive Chinese HT one I own (the TYT) is nice to look at and has great feel and workmanship, but simply does not perform as well as my Wouxun radios.

Last edited by Chickenhawk; 02-07-2018 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:00 AM

"My experience with buytwowayradios has been exactly the opposite of yours. I have a large collection of Wouxun, Motorola and TYT radios, most of which I have purchased from them. I have been lucky that they all worked great out of the box, and buytwowayradios are the people I will continue to deal with. I also know the most expensive Chinese HT one I own (the TYT) is nice to look at and has great feel and workmanship, but simply does not perform as well as my Wouxun radios."

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll be keeping this in mind.