Two Way Radio Forum  

Go Back   Two Way Radio Forum > Two Way Radios > Amateur Radio

Click here to visit our ecommerce site - BuyTwoWayRadios.com

Old 11-22-2017, 03:02 PM

Default Re: What radios do you use?

Are you ready for this? In the seven years I've been a licensed ham, I've acquired the following radios:

14 different handhelds, including two Wouxun, three Yaesu, two Alinco, one Baofeng, two Audiovox (GMRS), one Heathkit, one McDonald (CB) and two Radio Shack FRS. I also have two Radio Shack handheld scanners.

I have six different mobile radios; one 6 meter Alinco, two Yaesu Fusion, a Yaesu FT-8900R (in a go-kit), and two Yaesu FT-7900R (one in another go-kit and one surplus, which may go to a friend for his Jeep.)

For HF, I have an iCom IC-751A, a Heathkit HW101 and a Heathkit SB-102.

The collection is rounded out with a Radio Shack Realistic DX-150A Short Wave Receiver.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:59 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Allen12306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick S View Post
According to your FB profile, you work for Zastone.
Yes,but I have never say every one should buy the products from us. Being is truth. As we use more and more car radios,we will find the one we like. Isn't it?
Old 11-27-2017, 05:52 PM

You missed the point. In a previous post, you said that: a) you bought a Zastone radio, and b) you don't know how to use it. Neither statement was true. When you come on an online forum and pretend ignorance in order to tout the advantages of a radio, when it turns out you work for the company, is known as deceptive marketing practices.

Because you work for Zastone, you could have simply come in here to talk about radios and answer questions people may have. I am sure the forum hosts would have no issues with that. Instead, you tried to deceive us, and this makes Zastone look bad as far as their marketing practices are concerned.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkietalkie View Post
I have a multitude of transceivers at my disposal.

A couple of Yaesu FT 8900R's - JUNK, Do Not Buy!

A old Alinco dual band mobile.

A old ADI mobile 145

A old Kenwood 2 meter mobile and a Kenwood TS 590S

You can't do much with a walkietalkie and you can't learn much with just a handheld radio.
Just out of curiosity, why do you say the Yaesu FT-8900R is junk? I just bought a used one and it's doing everything I asked of it. I just used it to run net control for a county-wide hospital drill for the local ARES group and it worked perfectly.

I have seven other Yaesu radios, both HT and mobile and they all have given me excellent service.

EDIT: Well, that was a pointless post. I didn't notice the post was from 2013 and that the OP was banned. Oh, well...

Last edited by K6CPO; 11-27-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K6CPO View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do you say the Yaesu FT-8900R is junk? I just bought a used one and it's doing everything I asked of it. I just used it to run net control for a county-wide hospital drill for the local ARES group and it worked perfectly.

I have seven other Yaesu radios, both HT and mobile and they all have given me excellent service.

EDIT: Well, that was a pointless post. I didn't notice the post was from 2013 and that the OP was banned. Oh, well...
It doesn't matter. As a user to be honest is important. At the same time, once person use a radio or other device,he could not say this product is low quality if only he thinks so.We should not say a man is bad only because he is impolite.What I hope for is that we all seek truth from facts and exchange views. That way, the discussion is meaningful. The discussion helped some of us, that is the forum's original purpose!

Last edited by Allen12306; 11-27-2017 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:01 AM

The problem is that you said this:
Quote:
I have one ,Zastone D9000, as I just bought it ,so I don't know how to use it.
This is NOT honest. You may have bought a radio from your employer, but why tell the world that you do not know how to work it? Does this mean Zastone employees do not understand the products they make and sell? This we find impossible, or perhaps not correct. I do not believe Yaesu or Icom would allow an employee to join a forum, and pretend not to be able to work their products?

If you represent Zastone, and cannot understand your own products then this is bad. You should not tell everyone they are too complicated to understand, as you make them? If you cannot work them, how is anyone else to believe they can work them?

You should have said - I work for Zastone and our D9000 is very good - which may well be true. If you do not say you work for Zastone and say it is very good, this is not honest.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulears View Post
The problem is that you said this:

This is NOT honest. You may have bought a radio from your employer, but why tell the world that you do not know how to work it? Does this mean Zastone employees do not understand the products they make and sell? This we find impossible, or perhaps not correct. I do not believe Yaesu or Icom would allow an employee to join a forum, and pretend not to be able to work their products?

If you represent Zastone, and cannot understand your own products then this is bad. You should not tell everyone they are too complicated to understand, as you make them? If you cannot work them, how is anyone else to believe they can work them?

You should have said - I work for Zastone and our D9000 is very good - which may well be true. If you do not say you work for Zastone and say it is very good, this is not honest.
Yes,what you said is mostly right.As a green hand, I really don't known how to use it,it is my mistake.But please don't say that Zastone is what what,that is not appropriate, nor polite.As I never use it,it is just here,so I will not say it is good,unless the buyer who bought ZT-D9000 told me.You can delegate yourself,but I can't delegate a company.I only show my attitude,never boast as a employee of our company.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:49 AM

I saw many of you use Yaesu,Icom,Motorola.I just want to know if you use other radios, as they are not so popular?