Two Way Radio Forum  

Go Back   Two Way Radio Forum > Rick S

Click here to visit our ecommerce site - BuyTwoWayRadios.com

Conversation Between Rick S and jonny10four
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Rick S
    08-29-2016 10:37 AM
    Rick S
    These are very old radios by today's tech standards and if they have been in storage for years as you said, the volume issue could be hardware related. I carry a lot of different radios and I'm not familiar with this particular model. if you have checked every possible setting configuration in the manual to no avail, it may be hardware failure. These are low end FRS walkie talkies and the manufacturer went defunct quite some time ago, so if the hardware has failed, chances are they are not worth repair. You can go through every setting again, but if the volume still does not improve, the radios just may be failing.
  2. jonny10four
    08-23-2016 10:03 PM
    jonny10four
    Hey Rick S
    This is jonny10four. I contacted the FCC as you advised and got the owner's manual for my Columbia 2 way radios Model # FRS14SP. Unfortunately I did not solve my problem as I thought the manual would. I have the volume control set at the highest number and still can't hear anything but the lowest tone. I also can't talk and be heard on the other radio. Is there any thing I can do to get more volume? I have fresh batteries in both walkies.
    Thanks again,
    jonny